What's The Story or Meaning Behind Your Name?

Assalamualaikum
Bismillah


source : Mr Google

Since I can't sleep, so I decided to write something on my blog about the story or meaning behind your name. This idea comes from my class of Grammar in Context. Our lecturer asked us to do some ice-breaking about a name, the course that we are studying, our previous foreign language and meaning behind everyone's name.

It's quite interesting for me because you will find different types of hidden meaning of people name, especially for Chinese student. I also just found out that my best friend name "Faiza" meaning that "successful". So if you combine "Nur" with "Faiza" means that a person that bring "light of successful" if I'm not mistaken.

To be honest, I don't really know why my parents gave me this name "NURULATIKA". If you search maybe in google I think there is no specific meaning behind that name. People also confused how to pronounce it either as NURU-LATIKA or NURUL ATIKA. Even myself, I also confused. Hahaha

Besides that, my friends or lecturer always misspelling it as "NURUL ATIQAH" or "NURUL ATIKAH". Since when I have the capital of "Q" and "H" there? hahaha. However, I don't blame my parents because of my name. I really proud to have that name because, in the attendance class, my name will be the last name that starts with the letter "N". Hahaha, so it is easier for me to sign.

Whatever name that you carried, you should be proud of it. At least you know that you are unique and different from everyone that have a common name. 

I don't say that your name is bad. Just be confident! Hahaha 

Nurulatika Yunus

10 comments:

  1. My name is also rarely found. Sometimes they mistakenly between Maizan and Mazian. There are also people rudely saying my name is 'nama lelaki'.

    Regardless, I'm still proud of my name. Easily recognizable and easy to remember.

    Noor Maizan (pronounce: Nur Maizan | Meaning: Cahaya Utama)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry mayy hehe.. Kdg sy pun pandai confused juga.. Ingatkn Maizan laky hehe

      Delete
  2. Saya pernah cari maksud nama saya dulu tapi dah lupa dah apa haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puteri means "daughter, princess" hahaha .. convert pi eng ja nie >,<
      However, puteri cantik nama tue..

      Delete
  3. everyone has their own story kan .. huhuhu . dont judge a book by its cover gitu ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats right!
      Be confident with our name haha

      Delete
  4. Just call me LZ sebab nama penuh takde maksud :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LZ.. quite unique name you have :)

      Delete

Terima kasih kerana singgah ke Blog Sii Nurul. Jika ada sebarang pertanyaan, komen, penambahbaikan, cadangan mahupun pandangan. Boleh tinggalkan jejak anda.